A Voter ID Card is also known as the EPIC i.e. Electronic Photo Identity Card which will be issued by the Election Commission of India to all of the Eligible Indian Citizens to Vote.
The Main purpose of the Voter ID is to serve as an Identity Proof for voters and to prevent the fraud and malpractices during the democratic elections.
In this article, you will get to know about the Application procedure of the Voter ID card, Status of your Voter ID Card, Duplicate Voter ID Card and Documents required to Apply for a Voter ID card etc.
Apply New Voter Id Card
An Indian CItizen can start applying for the Voter ID card in two ways which are Online Application Procedure and Offline Application Procedure. These two procedures are explained below.
Online Application Procedure:
Applicant must start the Online Application procedure by visiting the Online Portal of the National Voter’s Service Portal (NSVP). Click on this link to Open the Application form directly – https://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6
- Click on the link “Apply Online for Registration of a New voter” on the homepage itself.
- You will be redirected to a Form-6 which was the Voter ID Online Application form.
- Fill in all the details of the Applicant and Submit the Application form online.
Additionally, Applicant has to upload a Photo and Supporting Documents as with reference to the Voter ID Status.
Offline Application Procedure:
Applicant must visit the nearest State Election office and should request for a Form-6 to the officials in the office.
- Fill the form with all the required and relevant details.
- Provide all the needed supporting documents such as Identity Proof, Address Proof etc.
- The Applicant can submit the form to the respective State Election Office.
On verification of the application form and Supporting documents, the Voter ID card will be issued to the Applicant within few working days.
For more information you can visit the state wide websites like : http://ceotelangana.nic.in/
Status of your Voter ID
Voter ID Card applicants can easily track the status of their Application forms on the NSVP online portal.
You just need to visit the website with an above-mentioned link or the applicant can just the link here to directly visit the Status of Your Voter ID page – https://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/trackstatus.
- Enter the Reference ID in its respective text column.
- Click on the “Track Status“.
The Status of your Voter ID Application can be seen in the following page.
Duplicate Voter ID If Lost
Applying for a Duplicate Voter ID card has become easier nowadays. If the Voter ID card is Misplaced or Stolen or the Card is unusable due to tear or lost, then Voters can apply for a Duplicate Voter ID card.
- Visit the nearest State Electoral Office and request for Form EPIC-002.
- Fill in all the necessary details such as name, address, Voter ID card number etc.
- Attach the Supporting documents and submit it to the State Electoral Office.
Your Application will be verified and on Successful Verification, the Applicant is given a new and Duplicate Voter ID Card.
Documents Required for Voter ID
Applying for a Voter ID card requires of the following documents which are needed to submit along with the Application form.
- Identity Proof such as Aadhaar Card, PAN Card etc.
- Address Proof such as Aadhaar Card etc.
- Passport Sized Photograph.
Visit the Common Service Centre (Apna CSC)
You can also apply for the Voter ID Card at the nearest Common Service Centers in your area.
Or you can also visit the official website of the Common Service Centres which is named as Apna CSC, https://apnacscportal.in/ For More information related to apna csc, common service center visit that website.
You can also click on this link to directly visit the Apna CSC Homepage – https://register.csc.gov.in/.